Sunday, June 12, 2011

You can have a sandwich or you can get things done. You can't have both.

Michael Otley's Gchat status: Hunger is the worst distractor.

me: Hunger is the worst distractor. Good luck if you're trying to be productive.
Otley: Haha, yes I'm taking a summer class, but every moment I just want to eat another sandwich instead of work on projects. Ahhh! Thanks!
me: Michael Otley, sandwiches are the perfect thing to eat while you work on projects!
Otley: Haha, yes! But I'm so easily distracted!
me: Ah well, if you eat then you will no longer be distracted by your hunger. Ergo, your productivity can only benefit from a sandwich.
Otley: Seems simple enough, but if I allow myself to do that I'll make a continuous supply of sandwiches and by the end of the day I won't have any work done or any bread, but I'll be bloated for sure. Ha.
me: A day full of sandwiches? How is that wrong? Ok, I GUESS I see your point about the bread, bloating, and unfinished work.

No comments:

Post a Comment