Thursday, May 29, 2014
I haven't forgotten about you, dear sweet blog that only I read.
Talk to you soon. In the meantime, here's a photo of some toffee ice cream.
I love ice cream.
Ok, ok, ok. Here's what's going on:
- I shot a couple of engagements. Photos soon.
- Chef Red and I will be at Hail to the V tonight. I don't know who named it, but I'm slightly embarrassed whenever I have to say it.
- TT is heading to the ATL Food & Wine Festival today. I couldn't make it so I will be tweeting on his behalf from headquarters. Next year, next year. Maybe Aspen F&WF in the future. I wish.
- I'm campaigning hard to get us into this year's Garden & Gun Jubilee in Charleston. I. love. Charleston.
- Justin's in town, it's been great to see him on a semi-regular basis, though I never went more than a month without seeing him while he was at Rutgers.
- Chef movie is good. I wanted a Cuban sandwich for most of the movie.
- At the end of June, Steph and I are heading to RVA for the Mid-Atlantic Food Writers Symposium. Our hotel was built in the 1800s and is haunted. I'm not about that life.
- The other night I went to sleep at normal people time, woke up early, and decided to bake strawberry scones. Photos and recipe soon.
Ok, bye for reals.
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Unconventional promotion for MCA-DAY-an annual tribute to musician & humanitarian, Adam "MCA" Yauch of the Beastie Boys. MCA was a devout Buddhist who fought for Tibetan independence.