Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday morning


sounds like: Deniece Williams, Stevie Wonder, Al Green, and the Contemporary Impressionists episode of Community.  

tastes like: seared beef tongue at midnight to celebrate the completion of a French literature midterm exam, muddled frozen blackberries and pomegranate juice (1 part blackberries, 1 part pomegranate juice, 1 part water, and a lot of ice). 

feels like: we skipped spring and went straight to summer, sundress straps slipping off my shoulders, hair out of my eyes because I went at my bangs with a pair of scissors, and the sweet weekend before me. nature blossoming to life from our barely-there winter. 

smells like: icy blackberries, books (I renewed my local library card today! I think it expired when I was still in high school), muggy afternoons and now cool night breezes through the new leaves. 

photo via my instagram. Try to contain your jealousy over my shiny new library card, complete with two keychain cards. Baller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment