Wednesday, May 15, 2013

late Wednesday evening


sounds like: new albums by Vampire Weekend, Fitz & The Tantrums, She & Him, Hanni el Khatib, and The National. A little Skrillex to get me through the evening. I just want to go to bed. 

tastes like: seared venison and carrot purée, avocado and roasted tomato on baguette, that basil/rhubarb/gin cocktail from Eve (all about that herbacious life), pork belly at some point. I had some crisps with Virginia dip for dinner. I like crisps. You know you work for the Irish when potato chips are crisps and French fries are chips. 

feels like: Summer at last. My ring tan is back, and today I got a heat-induced nosebleed. It has begun. As a side note, super excited for Steph's possible new endeavor. Ummmmmm yes food blogger friend outings, not that we don't have those already. RVA Fried chicken and doughnuts soon. 

smells like: Sophie was tearing fresh basil at Eve earlier. The scent permeated the entire restaurant. Wonderful. 

Photo via No Architect

No comments:

Post a Comment