Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday the twelfth...

"Some day, some happy day, some day I'll find the one with eyes that say those words I cannot find."
Happy Day | Andrew Bird



sounds like: "The Very Thought of You", Nat King Cole, ichat's message notifications, raindrops on umbrellas, Coltrane. 

tastes like: mint tea, overly-salted kettle chips (lightly salted, my ass), dark chocolate espresso beans.

feels like: the school spirit one gets from hearing school chants (from listening to a mix with another university's chant /wry chuckle), wondering how tonight's honors/grad crit will go down, excitement for the approaching weekend (Pacquiao night!) intermixed with sad realization that I have so much to do, and a lingering ache for the summertime (which inevitably happens when you're designing a cd booklet featuring photos of summer food: watermelon! blueberry pie! rocket popsicles! oh my!).

smells like: rubber galoshes, wet leaves, lemon perfume, and some guy in the computer lab who smells as if he bathes in his cologne.

[via text]
burgos: Hey Vina! Sorry i couldn't make the crit yesterday, but thank you for the invite!
me: No worries, man. We basically just ate food. I think there was some art involved.
burgos: Haha! That really made me laugh :)
me: awesome. real lols are the best kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment