Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009: How did I remember things before Twitter?

“Now we're there and we've only just begun. This will be our year, took a long time to come.”

This Will Be Our Year | The Zombies

Hello, (to quote Sofia), loyal five or six readers. Happy New Year! Here's a not-so-quick review of my 2009 via favorite tweets and photos. Yayyyy twenty ten!


“Stephanie T. : It's all fun and bestiality until someone gets killed.” (on TGK's Soothsayer vid)
“I want my own Algernon Moncrieff.” (still stands)
“Fiery patriotism makes me happy verklempt. OBAMA!!”
“Hallam Foe, why are you such a creeper?”
“successfully avoided swerving into a parked car. Was congratulating myself on the close call when another car hit me. Driving in snow sucks.” (I'm still paranoid about driving in snow.)



“El Guincho's Antillas. Makes me want to drink caipirinhas and wear loud colors.”
“My sister bought me Lars and the Real Girl for Valentine's day! What's better to watch on vday than a film about mannequin love?”
“Brunch from 10:30 AM to 6 PM. I love the AVTers.” (Waffle madness and group naps)
“Babysitting the boys in f'burg. What kind of three year old knows what tongs are? I probably didn't know my own name.”
“Hey remember that time you missed the Artsbus?” (Good job, Boek)

“Two turntables and a froggggg.” (Conversation with Fasick in front of the Met)
  
“The Bird and the Bee tonight!”
“Show was awesome! Raquel's car won't start. Twenty degrees out. Womp Womp.”
“Macaroni Grill with Steph. Odd staring hostess. No, we're not twins. Yes, I'll have the rigatoni.”
“Rude Buddha and Ballyhooooo”
“Singaporean Curry and Coconut Macaroons.”
“Mikhail Gorbachev is on campus!”
“Late night taxicabs creep me out, Tales from the Crypt style.”

Also, March marked the birth of Lemonade Lists. Aww. 


“I didn't realize my lunch schedule was under such close observation.” (Daniel D. once said that he could always knew when it was eleven thirty because that's when I'd eat my lunch.)
“The new FAB is just plain sexy.” (This is when SOA was nothing but a hollow shell.)
“Gorgeous weather. Spent some time next to the Container Space and avoided the print studio drama. Cleaned some glass and scraped my wrist” (That was this day.)
“I LOVE the agriART show.”
“Thems the breaks!” (80s slang win!)


“printed a shirt with Burgos's face on it and talked a bunch of people into going to DC9 on thursday. Winners!!!!!”
“DC9 with the crew. GK and Spirit Animal aka Curtis. Illinois. Banjo like you mean it!”
“Drug bust on campus. Sucks to you, guy. I'm totally not staring.”
“Ikea with Ludeke.” which was shortly followed by “I'm reminded why I hate Ikea on the weekends.”
“Best dream ever. It all took place on a bus. I laughed, I cried, I fell in love.” (I wish I remember the details of that dream.)
“Warrenton-bound, aka the middle of nowhere.” which resulted in “I left my water bottle in Warrenton. First time forgetting it anywhere. Sad face.” (First time I met the Warrenton folk!)
“Hummus and margaritas. Ludeke is going to cook salmon. We'll see how that goes.” and then  “Note to you non-cooks: do not attempt to cook salmon in a springform pan.”
“Remember when it took us forty minutes to decide b/t falafels, jumbo slice and soul food?” (The night that Liz, Richard, Bates and I paid it forward with fries. We are, according to the people we gave them to, "the best strangers ever." No, we did not roofie the fries.)

“Free money cleansing by the FLC at the Handmade Art Festival in Silver Spring tomorrow!”
“Some guy hollered at me in my red jumpsuit hahahah.”

“Running in the rain always makes me feel like I'm starring in my own Adidas commercial.”
“Hello, havarti? I'm gouda! Happy National Cheese Day. Please brie it on otherwise I camembert it.”
“Baklava Balaclava.”
“I just bought a new old bike!” (I really love that bicycle, my red zebra baby.)
“Stephanie and Vina's Good Old-Fashioned Painting Party.” (me and my bicycle, her and her chairs)
“O. Henry stories are like old school FML.”
“Alice Waters. I have learned not to worry about love, but to honor its coming with all of my heart.”
“Dad: There's Pa! I recognize her shoes!” (when Pa graduated from hs)
“I'm sure they're thinking 'who is this random girl in our kitchen?'”
“New cousin! Congrats, Steph and Oura!” (Maxxxxxx!!)
“I just chugged a quart of milk. It expires today. Don't judge me.”
“got a summer position as teacher's assistant in Arlington!”
“Roadtrip with Iron to the En-why-See at noon. Come to the FLC opening. 475 Tenth Avenue. Fourteenth floor. 6-8 pm.” (oh god, never again. What the hell were we thinking? We both had to be up and about by seven the next morning.)
“Iron chef was fun. Cooked like I meant it. Hen party catch-up afterward with the G and the Lis. I have to be up in four hours.”

“EEEEEEEE he got his fifteen!!!” (Federer's fifteenth grand slam. Intense.)
“so I may or may not have latent tuberculosis. this is what happens when places are closed for federal holidays.” (FYI, I don't have tuberculosis, guys.)
“Remember that time I got an oil change, drove around for four days and then found out that Exxon forgot the oil cap?”
“Affogato the rolls in the oven! I used nine affogato in the guac.”
“500 Days of Summer!!!”
“I got someone to tell me that he loves me after a week. Too bad he's only six years old.”
“I hate the thrillseeking birds that swoop at your car. I'm going to hit you one day, mothereffer, just wait.”
“I was wondering why some lady kept yammering about a sassy lemon until i realized she meant size eleven.”


“That guy's license plate says "BEIGNET"! I want to be his friend.”
“John Hughes. Don't you....forget about him.”
“Hell! How awesome would it be if I met and married someone named Al Fresco?”
“Anxious for autumn.”
“Liz: I think this is the first time I've seen you not wear a dress.”
“The lady in the car next to me is driving and eating peanut butter from the jar. I want to be her friend.”
“Sitting in the sand & watching the waves. ‘It's a pity you're not a guy, Bates.’”
“When the ocean is a-knockin’, the pier is a-rockin’.”


“Where can I find an open swimming pool? Moustache spoon. Vests and suspenders are le sexy. This is my Sunday.”
“Four things I like falling asleep to: waves, French oldies, rain and TCM.”
“Umbrella hats, as well as their cousin the fanny pack, should be banned.”

“Locker rooms. Socially-acceptable public nudity.”
“Manhattan clam chowder is not chowder. Manhattan clam chowder happened when some clams took a walk and fell into a pot of minestrone.”
“I have a strange instinct for checking the time right before the alarm goes off.”
“Why do ghosts only haunt you at night? I mean, be a man about it!”
“Bernard. Blue bicycle with a basket. Beret and a beard. Bocce ball w/Basil, Bartleby, & Betty. Baguette, brie & blueberries.” (typography project, design a typeface for a fictional character)
“William Wiley. If it wasn't for the mistakes then art wouldn't have a soul.”
“Artists love to draw attention.”


“My last name is like banana, you never know how many na’s you need.”
“TJ deleted his twitter. This makes me sad. You know who won’t be responding to this tweet via text? TJ.”
“Side notes are my favorite.”
“Having the wind at your back is pleasant...unless you’re wearing a dress in public and have your arms full.”
“The heart is the master, the head is the servant.”
“Things to see, people to do. Wait.”
“Happiness is driving home on an impossibly beautiful day, birthday mixed cd playing and peach juice running down your arm.”
“That's a beautiful tree...oh, nice spoon.” (on my future tree tattoo and when I was debating on a free moustache spoon tattoo.)
“B just woke up and the first thing out of his mouth was "I need coffee, STAT.” (Boek's sunny disposition on the bus to NYC.)
“Finding it incredibly difficult to sleep when there is Buena Vista Social Club blasting right above me.”
“I have never felt warm in this building. Ever.” (I should keep an extra sweater for the icebox aka SOA.)
“if only you were a feature on my ipod”
“Prince Charming was a total necrophiliac. This corpse is hotttttt.”
“just learned that my last name means victory which meansssss (drum roll) my name is alliterated. WIN!!!”


“Lumpia and bloodsport, oh yes.”
“Apple cupcakes, cheese conversations with Swedes, batshit vs. gadgets and being force fed the New Moon trailer.”
“‘you know when people say ‘i love you’? you’re either like ‘yesss’ or ‘oh, crap.’”
“a. we have a family crest?! b. it's a tree?!”
“I'm going to open a moustache-themed restaurant called Crumb Catcher!!!!!!” (I totally would.)
“Pirate Radio & noodles. Great way to start the day.” (It was a good day. Celebrity ghost stories! Random visits to petco!)
“Bacon. Tequila for babies.”

 
“International drama, pancakes, and happy times chuckles; social engagements await.”
“Black ice vs. white snow. Why is one favored over the other? That's just racist.”
“The elevator...is lined...in astroturf. I'm in love. I don't even take elevators.”
“Mariam: did you know you can sing whenever you want? That's just so powerful.”
“The greatest thing about being in the building with nobody else around is being able to do laps on my bicycle through the hallways.”
“Twitter-happy is the new trigger-happy.”
“Mongolian boob conflict.”

1 comment: