Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What always happens. Life.

“Never looking down I’m just in awe of what’s in front of me”
Walking on a Dream | Empire of the Sun




hello.

My computer has not been in working order since last friday. Poor baby has some kind of virus and I have to repair the os. It tires me just to think about it so I've put it off and will probably continue to do so until some time this weekend. It's not that I don't have access to other computers, I do. I miss mine. I miss all of my bookmarks. I miss my photos. I miss my music. I miss my art files. Heads will roll if I don't get all of those back. I'm just saying.

Anyway, spring semester started. We're only two days in but I'm quite happy so far. Digital photography will be fun. Graphic design methods (hopefully) will be fun. I'm feeling good about this semester though I'm oh so sad I didn't get to start it with a new playlist (fuck you, technology mishaps). In the interest of a good parking spot, I'm on campus by eight or eight thirty. I don't have class until ten (or twelve on tuesdays & thursdays). Morning gym time! OR Catch up on projects time! OR Sleep in my car time! OR Catch up on my google reader in the print studio computer room!

It also occurred to me that I didn't tell you my new year's resolutions. I want to crank up the volume and do more of everything. I want to take more photos. I want to make more art. I want to travel more (by plane at least once this year). I want to cook more, try new recipes (bee tee dubs, so much to come & peas are sweet: we should have a dinner night sometime!). I want to see the AVT crew more often. I want to spend much more time outside. This winter has been rough. I'm over it. Bring on the spring weather and not having to wear tights with my dresses. Speaking of dresses, I'd like to make my own.  I barely enjoy hemming garments now so, hah, we'll see.
I want to ride my bicycle at the beach. I don't even care which one.

Speaking of bicycles and artsy fartsy things, I bought a new one, err..a new old one. This one's for my sister. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can repair and paint it. Zebra print bicycle buddies, baby. I know what I'm going to do for this year's Valentine's Day cards. I'm so excited to send them out. Let me know if you'd like one. Oh, and letters! I'm eager to get back into penpalling about with you lot. Rekindle the letter romances (*ahem, sohe).

This is more than I've written in awhile. I've been lazy, sorry. No worries, we'll return to "hey guys, I like this video/photo/website/dress/song/recipe" in no time.

Miss you. Luff you.
I may or may not be referring only to my computer.
Just kidding.
Sort of.

coming soon: what the hell do I want to do for spring break? Wanderlusting like a biiiiiiiiiitch lately.

1 comment: