Saturday, October 24, 2009

NYC...



sounds like: Chelsea Market fish vendors yelling out orders, honking cabbies (the yellow ones don't stop!), subway conductors announcing the stations, Buena Vista Social Club blasting while I'm trying to sleep. Bob Dylan/"I'm Not There".

tastes like: 4 AM chamomile tea, chicken club sandwich (bacon. avocado. yes.), New England clam chowder (that I had to eat really fast and I'm the slowest eater ever), a sirloin burger and burnt fries from Uptown Bar. I requested the burning because Sofia's fries were soggy. Sofia's cracked pepper kettle chips. Vita Coco water from a bodega in Brooklyn.

feels like: red chenille blanket (Boek: it looks like you skinned Elmo), plastic protective cases at Selina's studio containing cutouts from vintage books, charcoal on my fingers from drawing on a Rorschach print.

smells like: earthy hardwood floors in that one gallery with the drawings I liked, robust coffee at Starbucks at Chesapeake House, ice cream store smell, commercial cherry-scented bathroom deodorizer, the subway.

Side note ― this post, in all its short & simple glory, took me more than two hours to write because someone convinced me to watch Paranormal Activity. I don't..I can't even...why did I even...I'm not even sure what...why did I think...too scared.

Double side note ― yayyyy 100th post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment