Monday, August 22, 2011

Papyrus is right up there with Comic Sans in the world of "Why do non-designers love these ugly fonts?"

me: There's a bagel place in Silver Spring following me on Twitter. I do not know why.
Russian Rachel: uhh..are their bagels good?
me: I don't know, I've never been.
Russian Rachel: Well, I guess their strategy is that now you know there is a bagel place in Silver Spring that you should check out. We should visit this place.
me: They use Papyrus for body text on their site.
Russian Rachel: NEVERMIND.

(If any of the Bagelry folk do happen to read this, please do not take offense at our extreme reaction to your font choice. I'm sure your bagels are tasty and, if I happen to be peckish and in the Silver Spring area, I will be sure to stop by and sample your chopped lox and cream cheese. Designers and their disdain of certain typefaces, it's deep and it's real.)

No comments:

Post a Comment