Saturday, November 24, 2012

Ah yes, Thanksgiving.


I hope everyone had a pleasant and turkeyful Thanksgiving. Mine was fairly traditional - lots of food, lots of Sananikone shouting (don't even get me started about the yelling during the Redskins game), a tryptophan-induced nap, and a marvelous pinot/fruit jello mold. 

This year, and I'm not entirely sure why, was the year that everyone decided to share all the things they were grateful for on the Facebook. A. I'm only now writing that list. B. I don't want to be seen as some Johnny Come Lately and C. I wouldn't put it on Facebook anyway - so here you go, in no particular order, all the things for which I am thankful: 

  • I am thankful for my family, also known as that crazy-ass bunch of people who like to yell, eat, and sing. Bunch of weirdos. 
  • I am thankful for having a job that I love - the job that feeds me (and feeds me well. Well, just for that, I'm going to throw you some LL action.), the job that surrounds me with an amazing group of people (I like them all so much. Frankly, I'm surprised I haven't gotten on their nerves yet. Well, heh, then I'm grateful they haven't told me that I've gotten on their nerves), and the job that allows me to stretch my creative muscles each day. Design today. Photograph tomorrow. Eat Good Food always. 
  • I'm thankful for my baby - Otis, my camera. I love that guy.
  • Speaking of inanimate objects that I've named, I'm thankful for Boris, my car. I'm sorry that it took me so long to get your oil changed. I was busy. 
  • I know I said this last year, but I am thankful for GPS and Google Reader. One takes me where I need to go (although that bitch Gloria needs to stop recalculating), and one organizes all my blogs. We all know I'm grateful for blogs. 
  • On that note, I'm thankful for organization. I heart all my Moleskines. OH OH OH, thanks to Sofia for showing me the Moleskine app. There's nothing finer than a black notebook filled with to-do lists and doodles. Don't even get me started on that back pocket. Now it's on my phone? Be still my heart. 
  • I'm thankful when no one sits in my chair at Society Fair, so that I do not have to eye them with contempt as they unknowingly hog my prime wifi. 
  • I'm thankful for my friends. They're all too wonderful for words. 
  • I'm thankful for dresses with pockets. 
  • I am thankful for you. 
Happy late Thanksgiving, y'all. 

photo via WWJCD

No comments:

Post a Comment