Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dayenu, the fact that I'm getting old, and tenacious tanlines.


Excerpts of the art booklet (brochure? booklet?) that I designed for Margaret. I think I'm getting old, I can't handle late night designing like I used to. Mama needs to sleep. On the upside, I got to stare at lovely earth & water tones for a few hours. That's pleasant. Not as pleasant as actual beach time, but hey, I'll take what I can get. 

Speaking of beach time


This photo was taken at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, sometime last May. We arrived around six in the morning, staked our claim on the beach, exclaimed about a dolphin sighting, and found a Starbucks for croissants and coffee. I made a half-hearted attempt at reading before falling asleep on the beach for a few hours. We rented an umbrella and, no matter what he tells you, Justin hogged it because I woke up in blazing heat with the first sunburn I'd had in over ten years. I STILL have the tanline on my back. 

Beach time needs to happen soon. Staring at Margaret's textured sintra plates placates for only so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment