Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I just called to say I love you

I kept this photo post unread in my Google Reader for about a month. It is just so pretty. I could easily spend hours there cooking, eating, making the art, reading, anything really.

SOA garden updates: 
Cherry tomatoes have sprouted. Pumpkins have sprouted. I planted basil seeds this morning and will transplant mint tomorrow. We have a tiny garden gnome. Justin wants to grow coffee plants in Starbucks cups. I want to start a garden blog but don't know what to call it. I need to check out the local farmers market to see if they have any plants I want. We need lettuce and arugula for sure. I'm going to make signs, Victory garden style, after we transplant everything into planters. Side note, are we supposed to build the planters? Can't we assign Turner or Dean to do it? I don't know if you want me near the nail gun.  

vina updates: 
I'd like some kind of time apparatus to lengthen the days so that I have more time to do things that need to be done. I'd like someone to invent Procrastination-B-Gone so that I don't waste what little free time I have on things like naps and Law & Order SVU marathons. My bedroom is a complete mess and has been for awhile. I'm loving the warm weather but not loving the "air is too hot to breathe" nonsense. It is only April, Mother Nature, you eager beaver. I haven't worn jeans in a month. I've been listening to dance beats during the day and old-timey jazz in the evenings. Have been eating avocados a-plenty but that might just be so that I can sow the pits later. That's all.

photo via Urban Greenery

No comments:

Post a Comment