Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Starting with Thanksgiving & ending with a rant about mall crowds.

Me vs. five gallons of mashed potatoes

Tomorrow is going to be wildly hectic with most of Old Town stopping by the Fair to pick up their Thanksgiving provisions. Monica will be dealing with guests, taking their names and checking them off the lists. Meshe will be in the kitchen making Thanksgiving To-Go bags. I'll be running in and out of the kitchen. Gird your loins, it's going to be mayhem. Speaking of, it took me a little over an hour to get home. Effing holiday and storm traffic. I was literally yelling in my car things such as, 

“I'M NOT LEAVING TOWN FOR THANKSGIVING! SHOULDN'T I BE EXEMPT FROM HOLIDAY TRAFFIC?!”

and

“WHY ISN'T THERE A NON-HOLIDAY HOT LANE?! I'LL PAY!”

I'm lucky enough that my schedule is always after and against traffic, ergo I possess a very short fuse when it comes to being stuck in the constant stop & go of rush hour. It's like going to the mall. When I have to drag myself to a mall, I'd much rather go on a Tuesday evening when it's dead. Why anyone would want to brave a shopping mall on a Saturday afternoon is completely lost on me. 

I don't know if you knew this, but I can be quite the curmudgeon.

If I owned a lawn, I would yell at people to get off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment