Friday, July 16, 2010

Sentimental Street, Gratitude Gully, and an Update U-turn.

Hey everyone.

It's been awhile, I know. Aside from the sporadic post, I have not been bombarding you with my usual "This is what I ate! This is where I went! Listen to this! Watch this!" madness. I'm not going to lie, losing Lucky has been hard. Lately I just don't want to be home. Too many memories. 

And, I know I said this earlier but I want to thank everyone again for their kind words about Lucky. Thank you for sharing your Lucky memories or listening to mine. Thank you for feeding me when I'm not hungry or feeding me when I am. Thanks for the six hour conversation about everything and nothing in Wegmans. Thank you for telling me about epic adventures about Star Trek and broken beer pong tables and making me laugh when crying was a definite possibility. Thank you for the pot roast and teaching me how to capture flies with wine. Thank you for spending almost seven hours with me in the studio when the only productive thing we did was tear and tab paper (even so the tabbing was just you). Just, thank you.

Ok. That was heading down Sentimental Street aka "Good job bumming yourself out, vina" so we're going to turn this car around.

What else is new? 
- I got a haircut. I'm not going to tell you all the gory details but my hair is shorter. Why is it that hair will look awful for days except on haircut day causing you to question said cut? Total BS.
- Seriously good quality time with Natalie including breakfasts and America's Got Talent. 
- Pa is away at her annual week at Lake Anna.
- AVT bbq this Saturday, excited!
- Watched The Botany of Desire and Surfwise. The mouth on Doc Pascowitz, my goodness. Profanity left and right. 
- I do NOT recommend Black Sheep or Diary of the Dead. New Zealanders, really?
- Sold my first book on Amazon, huzzah!
- I want to have a yard sale on the 31st. We'll see how that goes. 
- St. Michaels on the 23rd, eeeeeeeeeeeeee.
- I've been sick and coughing my lungs out for the past two days. This is not going to stop me from a delightful dinner on the balcony tonight with Stephanie. Abstaining from the brie has been difficult. 
- A lovely summer song sent to me by Miss Libby B.

1 comment: