Tuesday, July 6, 2010

“Sorry, I'm going to need a few more minutes.”


Words that catch my eye in restaurant menus
à la mode (Frank, shut up.)
andouille sausage
arugula
asiago
avocado
bacon
brie
broiled
brunch
buttery
camembert
capers
caramel
cheese and fruit plate
chorizo
chowder/bisque
coconut
Cointreau
corn
cream
crème fraîche
crispy
dijon
fresh-baked
garlic mashed potatoes
goat cheese
gnocchi
grapefruit
horseradish
lamb
lemon zest
loaded nachos (only if guac is involved)
mango
microsalad (I only like microsalads when they're on top of protein)
mint
mushroom
pad sa ew
pancakes (buttermilk with butter pecan syrup)
pan-seared
pappardelle (I'm a big fan of wide ribbon pasta)
peaches (favorite fruit, hands down)
peppery
pepper jack
pie
quiche (Florentine, not Lorraine. I made a good roasted corn quiche once.)
reduction
ricotta
seared scallops
slow-roasted
spicy
spinach
spring mix
steak fajitas (s'what I usually order in Mexican eateries)
Stilton
tart (both adjective and noun)

This is why it takes me so long to decide what to order. I really like menus.This list is just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more. Good thing I just ate otherwise I'd make myself hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment