Thursday, November 25, 2010

Merci. Khawp jai. Obrigada. Spasibo. Salamat.


I am thankful for my huge and crazy-ass family. You're loud, you're temperamental, your sense of humor borders on inappropriate, and I love you.

I am thankful for the best friends I ever could have wished for. The love, the laughter, and the support — you overwhelm me.

I am thankful for pull through parking spots. You make me happy.

I am thankful for Google Reader. Thank you for showing me interesting things from the internets. I apologize for having 1,000+ unread items. You can blame Apartment Therapy for posting a hundred times a day.

I am thankful for food. You shape history, establish community, and build memories. Plus you taste good.

I am thankful for GPS. Thank you for being so patient. Sorry for all the recalculating.

I am thankful for perspective, that not everything will go according to plan and the realization that sometimes that's okay.

I am thankful for the Adobe Creative Suite. Except you, Adobe Flash. We are not yet friends. 

I am thankful for Thanksgiving because then I can be a total glutton. Oh wait, that's every day. 

I am thankful for the beach and peaches in the summer, for paperwhites and pink magnolias in the spring, for cider and haunted trails in autumn, and for scarves and comfort food in the winter.

I am thankful for art, conceptual theory, and the sheer range of conversation it inspires. Even you, bad art. Because then we spend the next twenty minutes discussing why you look like suck. That's fun.

I am thankful for my cameras who help me document my life and torture people with food photos.

I am thankful for leisurely mornings of sunshine, bed, pancakes, and hot coffee.

I am thankful for any meal I can eat outdoors.

I am thankful for the like button.

I am thankful for you.

happy thanksgiving.

love, vina

photo from the blue hour

No comments:

Post a Comment