Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sad French songs make me happy!

Boredom/madness/crazy-awesome fun is figuring out the track titles for untitled French oldies in your iTunes at three thirty in the morning when your French skillz are spotty at best. Kudos to me for remembering these lyrics from my childhood. Oh yeah, we sang French songs as children. And, despite most of the lyrics being about heartache and unrequited love, I am having the best time belting them out as I continue the shower/sleep procrastination. Ginnie, you know what I'm talking about.





also, 
+ La Femme de Mon Ami - a song about being in love with someone's wife, hahaha!
+ Tous les garçons et les filles - It's Françoise Hardy, people! You know you like her bangs.
+ L'amour c'est pour rienL'amour, c'est l'esperance, sans raison et sans loi. Mmhmm. 
+ Rien qu'une larme dans tes yeux - It took me over ten minutes to figure out what this mofo was saying. He said sourire (smile), I heard souris (mice). "Why the hell is he singing about mice?"
+ Paris s'allume - This one took me longer than it did for the previous song. I dislike this song now. The linked video is not the same version I have since it is just the instrumental. Seriously, dislike all around.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, what our families get us into..haha..whenever these songs play at stores and restaurants my friends are always wondering how in the world I even know the song as I'm singing along..geez.

    ReplyDelete