Monday, September 26, 2011

Picking peaches with five Russians and a Travis

 
 
 
 
 
 

Sometime in August I went peach picking with the Semenovs and Travis. Rachel got a speeding ticket but didn't find out until a month later — darn those tricky traffic cameras. Ahna and I discovered that cutesy floral dresses are a bad idea on super windy days. I prefer yellow peaches to white peaches. That doesn't sound racist at all (frutist?). Lydia forgot her camera battery at home (Don't worry, Lyds. I have done it many a time). Ahna baked a beautiful lattice top pie for her beaufriend while Rachel and I made some Quasimodo-esque mini pies. It's alright, they were still delicious though we were stuffed from pork belly at Honey Pig. I went home with a small bag of peaches (again, it's alright. I think I ate, with no shame, at least five or six while in the orchard) and a big bag of pears from a tree in their front yard. I meant to make pear preserves but I left them in the bag to ripen and completely forgot until well into September. A-whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment