Tuesday, December 10, 2013

heart it races



Snow Day, Work at Home Day Playlist
Architecture in Helsinki | Heart It Races
The Clash | Brand New Cadillac
The Mannish Boys | As the Years Go Passing By
Nico Vega | Beast
Spirit Animal | Radio Brain
The Black Keys feat. Mos Def and Jim Jones | Ain't Nothing Like You (Hootchie Coo)

Though working from home has its advantages (all-day pajamas and not having to white-knuckle through heavy snowfall), I don't particularly enjoy it. I feel disconnected from the restaurants. No cakes and kitchen antics to show the world. I don't get imperative answers as quickly as I like. No one around to feed me, that's a big one. I do, however, like listening to what I want to listen to, not poppy Christmas music, which is what I've been subjected to since Black Friday. Above are the highlights of today's playlist, meaning the songs that I stopped to notice and replay, not background “whistle while we work” music. (Haha, that's a lie. I can't whistle.) 

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas music. It took me a full week into December to realize I didn't have to turn down Christmas songs out of embarrassment when they came on during my commute. I don't always forward to the next song when Mele Kalikimaka comes on, gnomesayin'. Neighboring drivers don't need to know this. 

I might venture out for bagels, lox, and Despicable Me 2. Oh, and toothpaste. Need toothpaste. 

To my NoVa comrades, please drive safely out there. Being low to the ground, Boris tends to swerve at the tiniest hint of slush and ice. You know those drivers about whom everyone else complains during East Coast winters? I'm one of them. Sorry not sorry I'm driving slowly in a snowstorm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment