Saturday, September 18, 2010

Adams Morgan Day 2010


I spent a nice day in Adams Morgan surrounded by thousands of people, food stalls as far as the eye could see, and the air thick with the combined scents of grilled food and world cuisine. Two breakfasts in one day and my favorite cowboy boots = a very good day. G eats her bacon like George eats his Snickers. I carried Ginnie and Christian's dogs in my farmers market basket. Carry a dog if you want to be approached by strangers (mainly women) oohing and ahhing and asking (in wittle ittle baby cooing voices) to pet your puppy. I met new people and enjoyed their crazy camaraderie. There was a free photobooth! I ate BonChon for the first time, a Korean chicken place in Annandale that my friends rave about constantly. It was tasty though I didn't make nearly as many foodgasmic sounds as Christian did. In fact, I don't think I heard him say anything for at least ten minutes. One of the housemates brought his own rice vinegar and siricha to make dressing. I was a little bit impressed. Ginnie and I spent all day together, something I don't get to enjoy as often as I would like. I made friends with strangers on a bar patio and found myself sitting at their table for the next hour. We were excited to find Lao food. The Lao people were not excited to discover that we were Lao. I watched a hipster in cuffed jeans sing Mustang Sally. The dogs ate ice cream. I went on a crazed food quest in a tequila-induced buzz in the hopes of finding sustenance to soak up the alcohol. I ended up with frozen yogurt with mango, strawberries and coconut. Good job not finding proper carbohydrates. We ran to catch the bus. I wanted to throw my arm up in true “Hold on, Bus Driver, I'm coming!” style. I discovered that Hannah and I both hate the Kindle with a passion. We spent a few hours on the roof of Madam's Organ. The weather was balmy and beautiful. People sang Hail to the Redskins. I don't care much for football but you gotta support the Skins, man. A cabbie gave us advice on driving tipsy and how to get to Mount Pleasant from VA. 
It was a great day. Best of all, it didn't rain. 

for more photos, go here.

2 comments:

  1. AWW~! :D I had tons of fun with you! It was such a beautiful day. I can't wait for a part two with GK..I mean Cooper..Cooper the Steve..

    I only wrote about the tragedy that happened there because it was so touching and broke my little heart. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahha "Cooper the Steve." I still remember when you wanted to run up to him like "you GK? I GK!!!"

    I figured I'd write about the happy since you wrote about the sad.

    ReplyDelete