Monday, September 27, 2010

Junk in my trunk

I love cleaning my car. I like vacuuming sand and leaf bits from the floor mats. I like Armor alling the hell out of my dashboard and center console. I am particular about car air fresheners (Refresh. Not the one that goes in the AC vent. Never cucumber melon.). I will apologize for having a messy car when a messy car means three things on the floor and a somewhat dusty dash. Most important, I love the first drive after cleaning my car — windows down, dash all shiny, music blasting...ah, so pleasant.

But sometimes you don't have an extra two hours to spare to clean your car. Sometimes you have many places to go and not enough time to schlep things in and out of your car. Dust accumulates and various objects start to pile in your backseat. What do you do when someone needs a lift? You move everything to the trunk of your car, naturally.

I've been doing this for weeks. When I went to get an umbrella today, for the first time in weeks, I stopped and took inventory of the junk in my trunk:

apple body spray 
bicycle basket
black high heels
blanket
collapsible frisbee
colored chalk set
four cookbooks
grocery totes
Liz's bicycle pump (I know, I know. I'm sorry. Tomorrow!)
pepper mill 
picnic basket
plastic sheet protectors
red apron
spare clothes: dress, cardigan, underwears.
spare gym gear: towel, toiletries, gym clothes
three pairs of flip flops
three umbrellas: the tall one, the short one, the clear one.
two issues of Women's Health. I love Women's Health. 

This is my own intervention. This shit ends now. 

3 comments:

  1. INTERVENTION INTERVENTION!

    next, put your wine in a diet coke can and call it a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Channeling some "Date Night"? "This shit ends now. 1, 2, 3!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph - INTERVENTION! INTERVENTION! So fun to say.

    Em - I really love that movie. Yo, yo, yo. I'll be down in a minute. I'm having the sex.

    ReplyDelete