Thursday, October 17, 2013

Take your hands off my lobby boy!



Yes to Wes Anderson. Yes to The Grand Budapest Hotel. Yes to Ed Norton. Yes to the entire cast, actually. Yes to cinematography that looks like pure art. Hell yes to those Archer (why the change from Futura, Wes?) ligatures in the opening title.

Side note, I went and saw Machete Kills on my birthday (I have such great taste, don't I?). No to Machete Kills. No to Mel Gibson pulling a Doctor Doom/Man in the Iron Mask. Also, and please don't judge me, but how is Robert Rodriguez going to have Danny Trejo, Antonio Banderas, AND Alexa Vega in the same movie and not make a Spy Kids reference? Poppycock. That is clearly Gregorio and Carmen Cortez. (To quote a Mr. Holden McNeil: The Internet is a communication tool used the world over where people can come together to bitch about movies.)

What was I even talking about? Ah yes, The Grand Budapest Hotel. I am excited for this. Also, iTunes started playing Christmas music during this little post and, if we're being completely honest, I have not shut it off yet. I love Christmas music!

You like that? You like that? We went from Wes Anderson to Mavis Staples. Welcome to my brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment