Thursday, June 3, 2010

Grilled (sort of) fish tacos

Grilled fish tacos and cilantro sour cream
Tilapia fillets
cumin
chili powder
olive oil
fresh cilantro and green onion, finely chopped
lettuce
cherry tomatoes, halved
flour tortillas
sour cream
fresh garlic
s&p
limes, wedged
Tabasco

+ Fire up them coals. I had grilled the night before and was left with charcoal remnants. It looked like enough. More on that later. 
+ Make cilantro sour cream: Smash some garlic (It's a matter of personal preference and how much people you're feeding. I was eating solo so I only used half a clove.) and mix with sour cream, cilantro, green onion, cumin, and cayenne. Season with salt & pepper. Chill in fridge.
+ Prepare tilapia. Rub with olive oil and spices.
+ Take fish and tortillas to grill. My charcoal was but a heap of ashy coals but were still a good size and pretty hot. I started to grill.
A. I didn't hear a sizzle.
B. I walked away for a good two minutes and came back to some uncooked tilapia. They just looked hot and mad.
+ Admit failure and finish the tilapia in a pan with some butter. Weep over lost grill marks.
+ Take grilled tortilla (in my case, a hot tortilla with a hint of char), and throw in the lettuce, tilapia, tomatoes and a few springs of cilantro. Grilled onions (green or yellow) would probably be nice too. I've only just thought of it, damn.
+ Tabasco, cayenne, lime juice and cilantro sour cream to taste.
+ Taunt your dog with tacos while you take photos.


2 comments: